Today is World Environment Day but we want to celebrate this day more than just today so all week we are taking the opportunity to share information on our social media platforms every day on the environment projects that we run in Malawi.
The key to the success of our projects is working closely with communities so that they understand the importance of protecting the environment and managing their natural resources sustainably.
For anyone who doesn’t know us, we achieve this through our Forest Conservation, Tree Planting, Fruit Tree, Fuel-efficient Cookstove and Fish Conservation projects.
What have we achieved to date?
- Empowering more than 1,800 forest conservation committee members to protect 340 sq.km of forest
- Supporting over 3,500 farmers grow millions of trees each year
- Growing tens of thousands of fruit trees with community groups
- Improving cooking for more than 125,000 households
- Helping more than 470 fishing communities protect 736km of lakeshore and 133 fish breeding sites
Thank you for your support and if you’d like to learn more about any of our projects take a look around our website.