A gift that is more than just a gift
Clean water should not need to be a gift but sadly not everyone in Malawi has access to this basic necessity. That is why buying a gift from Ripple Africa is not only a thoughtful gift to your loved one, but to families in Malawi.
At Ripple Africa we strive to provide a better future for those living in rural Malawi and one of those ways is repairing broken boreholes so that hundreds of people in a village can have clean water.
Your gift will make a memorable present whether to celebrate a birthday, Easter, Ramadan, wedding gift, anniversary and more! The recipient will enjoy knowing that their gift will keep on giving long into the future too.
When you purchase a gift, we will send you a gift certificate and case study on the project to send to your loved one.
- Many villages have broken boreholes or shallow wells. People have to travel long distances, increasing pressure on working boreholes
- Some people use river and lake water rather than walk to the nearest working borehole, leading to increases in diseases such as cholera
- Large amounts of wood are used to boil dirty water so it is safe to drink
- District Councils and communities do not have the funds to do repairs
- Work with the community and District Council to identify boreholes and shallow wells in need of repair
- Provide funding for the purchase of spare parts to enable district maintenance teams to carry out the repairs
- Provide funding for transport and subsistence costs for the repair teams to enable them to reach the rural communities
Borehole repairs underway
The first drops of clean water
One happy lady collecting clean water
Achievements and Future Plans
We have formed excellent working relationships with the District Maintenance teams where we work and have jointly identified boreholes and shallow wells that need to be repaired. To date, we have repaired more than 600 broken boreholes and shallow wells, many of which are in remote rural villages.